Are you looking for eco-friendly tricks to improve your cleaning routine? Using lemons as a major ingredient while green cleaning is one of the most effective approaches to ensure a spotless house without applying harsh cleaning products. There are so many surfaces you can safely treat with lemons or powerful solutions based on lemon juice. Here are six examples of the best ways to make lemons part of your regular cleaning sessions:
- Banish smells from the cutting board – if you rely on a wooden cutting board, it is highly likely for the material to absorb various smells you want to remove from your kitchen tool. Make your wooden cutting board useful again by refreshing it with a lemon. First, sprinkle some salt on the surface. After that, you should cut a lemon in half and use one of the pieces to scrub the cutting board. Rinse the cutting board and repeat the procedure if you still detect unwanted smells.
- Deal with the stinky fridge – storing various food products in the refrigerator might lead to poor odours trapped inside, but you can easily remove those with the help of a lemon. However, make sure that you declutter the appliance before you apply the treatment. Get rid of expired food and disinfect the refrigerator, then cut a lemon in half and place both halves inside the machine. Wait for about 30 minutes for this eco-friendly remedy to eliminate unpleasant smells from the fridge.
- Disinfect the microwave – another kitchen cleaning job you can tackle naturally with lemons is disinfecting the microwave. Take a suitable bowl you can microwave and fill it with water. Squeeze the juice of one lemon in the water and place the solution in the appliance. Microwave it for about 5 minutes and let the bowl spend another 5 minutes inside – this time is needed for the steam to loosen up stubborn grease. After you remove the bowl from the microwave, you can quickly wipe the dirt with a clean towel or a loofah. The lemon-based mixture will not only take care of the greasy interior of your microwave but will also eliminate nasty germs and bacteria.
- Make the faucets shine – in the kitchen or in the bathroom, over time your faucets can be affected by hard water deposits that form tough to eliminate stains. Fortunately, lemon juice is the right remedy for you to take advantage of. The cleaning procedure is very simple – spray the faucets with lemon juice, wait between 5-10 minutes and wipe clean with a towel. Don’t be disappointed if mineral deposits remain on the surface – those stains are challenging, so you might have to apply the same technique a few more times to get rid of them completely.
- Clean the floors – living with little kids or pets means that you need to count on chemical-free hacks to keep your floors clean. You can get spotless floors with a solution of 1 part lemon juice and one part white vinegar mixed with two parts water. Mop the floors as you normally do and rest assured the surface is safe to use by the most vulnerable members of your family.
- Address filthy grout – restoring the looks of bathroom grout could be challenging, but try dealing with the job by spraying lemon juice on the affected parts. Let the solution sit for at least 10 minutes and scrub with a handy brush. Using an old toothbrush could be a convenient approach too. Don’t forget to rinse the surface once you are done scrubbing.
Many house cleaning jobs can be tackled with lemons and lemon juice. Disinfect numerous surfaces, kill germs and bacteria, refresh indoor air naturally – all of that you can achieve with lemons.
© Domestic Cleaners Ltd